• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TN. Governmental Tort Liability Act?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markumn

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Is anyone familiar with the Tennesse Governmental Tort Liability Act?

I am concerned with the property damage limit of $85,000.00
I also have questions about the rights of a plaintiff to have a jury trial.

Thank you

racer72

Tort liablility laws are an issue in many states these days including mine. The only thing to do is contact your elected representitives and let them know how you feel. And depending on how the presidential election goes this November, we may have a national tort law that will severly limit tort claims as they apply to the medical profession. Insurance companies have a friend in the White House at this time and they are the big force behind tort reform.

markumn

racer72 said:
Tort liablility laws are an issue in many states these days including mine. The only thing to do is contact your elected representitives and let them know how you feel. And depending on how the presidential election goes this November, we may have a national tort law that will severly limit tort claims as they apply to the medical profession. Insurance companies have a friend in the White House at this time and they are the big force behind tort reform.
Thanks for responding. I agree it's always the little guy/girl that gets the short end of the stick. I am involved in a case against a utility company. My house caught fire due to their defective equipment. I will only give up this fight when I give up breathing. Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">