• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pls give advice on this situation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trublue23

What is the name of your state? CA

I got into a car accident where the other driver was at fault. Since I had no health insurance at that time, I had to pay everything out of pocket. Now it has been six months and I probably paid $5000 for medical fees. I haven't signed any medical waivers or anything from the insurance companies.

Money is running low and I am still under treatment. I don't want to settle with the insurance company yet. But I was thinking maybe they could partially reimburse me the $5000 I paid for my medical bills?? Is that possible at all, without me signing a medical release?

What do you think I should do???

Thanks!

Tayla

Response: Your auto insurance provider should be kept informed of your current medical bills. They will most likely represent you during settlement or arbitration. Keep duplicate records yourself. Your Medical doctor should also have a file on your visits and treatments that will aid when a settlement date is decided. Have you been in contact with your insurance company on this medical portion of a claim? If so what have they been advising you to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">