• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

why do you need to show in court for an accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

caz

Alright August 21st on I-80 going west in Ohio on our way to moving to Detroit, My girlfriend who was following me I noticed in my rearview mirror that she was all over the road I pulled over after she did. Apparently she hit a car in the lane next to her. Now I don't know the whole story because I wasn't in either of the cars however we stayed in the same lane, we weren't changing lanes and we were going below the speed limit not by much though. However the people in the other car called 911 through on star, thanks alot on star. Anyway the cops showed up and she received the ticket. Now from being from Pennsylvania I didn't know you had to call to receive how to pay the ticket but for some reason they want her to show up in court on the 1st of september at 9am which take almost 3 and half hours for us to get too. So not only our we paying for gas but for the tolls too.

My question for this is there a way to skip the whole court thing and just pay the ticket or is the other party trying to press charges or something all help would be helpfull? I'm going to call them tomorrow becuase I can't get her to find out why she has to go to court for a fender bender.

carofl93

What was she ticketed for? If the citation was bad enough, then that may be the key as to why she has to appear...

JETX

Rather than just another uneducated.... "Gee, maybe it could be" type response, lets get you a REAL one....

caz said:
My question for this is there a way to skip the whole court thing and just pay the ticket
Since you didn't tell us what the ticket was FOR (???), it is hard to tell exactly what you might have to do.... so, I suggest you contact the court. It is likely that she is being asked to appear in answer to the citation.... which if true, she could simply agree to plead guilty and pay the fine by mail..... ask the court how much the fine is.

And though your post also doesn't say anything about a property damage claim made by the other driver, you should be looking for an insurance claim against HER insurance.... or a notice of lawsuit if uninsured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">