• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father left no will or sister is lying to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monicads

What is the name of your state?Alabama My father passed away and my sister will not tell us the truth about the will. She said that he had told her what to give me and my other sister. His bank accounts were in his name and my sisters name, as were his cd's and safety deposit box. There was no one present when she opened the safety deposit box. He supposedly had signed all of his property to her including the house and the contents. My father was blind and when his wife died unexpectedly he was scared and signed everything to her. First she told us there was a will and she was the executor, and then she told there was no will. She gave me a small amount of my fathers cash, but she kept almost everything else. She gave my other sister nothing. My aunts and uncles who were close to my father all say that he had a will. If he did how can we find it? If he didn't what can we do or can we do anything?

Last edited:

Dandy Don

If you think he had the will prepared with the assistance of an attorney, place a small classified ad in the local paper that mentions you are searching for the will of John Doe, and if anyone has information to contact you. Sister probably has destroyed the will if there was one, but you could go to court to file to be administrator of the estate IF there are any assets left, but it looks like sister has gotten her greedy hands on everything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">