• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

land thief

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donner

What is the name of your state?Pa

I wrote before about a proposed road 40 ft wide between my property and my neighbors. I have an attorney who told me I have nothing to worry about because he is trying to sue me for having an unlawful quilt deed but this neighbor is just a nasty old land thief. The land was surveyed and our pins are seperated by the 40 ft st. now over the years he used 20 ft of the driveway to get to his home. There are two other neighbors who have the 40 ft road way on there deeds also. Now he led the other two neighbors to believe that he drove on this road way and planted trees there for a number of years so now its his. No legal papers. It totals 9 thousand some ft. Well the other two neighbors let him do what he wanted to just to shut him up. He then built a 4 car garage on the proposed street by their property. Lieing on the building permit that is was on his property. Never paying any taxes on the property where the garage was built on. So now to try and make a long story short but you wouldn't believe what all this guy has done to us, we hired an attorney to buy 20 ft of the proposed street that would be 1/2 for us and 1/2 for our neighbor ( the township never took the road over ) right after we bought the home from my Mother. Our attorney checked into the original land owners and called them and he had passed away but a brother took over all the buisseness for him so he gave us a quilt deed and we paid taxes for 4 years now our neighbors attorney said we have an unlawful deed and it is no good saying the person who signed the deed over didn't know or understand what he was doing, so our neighbpor has filed for title to the whole 40 Ft of property by squatters rights which is 9 thousand and some ft. My whole complaint is he wants the whole 40 ft so he can blow his snow down in our yard the 20 ft which is grass. We put in a drain field near there and we don't need all the snow from his driveway piled up on our property.
Hope you can coment on this we filed an answer to his complaint and I guess we are headed for court. He just wants it all...... :mad: :confused:

HomeGuru

donner said:
What is the name of your state?Pa

I wrote before about a proposed road 40 ft wide between my property and my neighbors. I have an attorney who told me I have nothing to worry about because he is trying to sue me for having an unlawful quilt deed but this neighbor is just a nasty old land thief. The land was surveyed and our pins are seperated by the 40 ft st. now over the years he used 20 ft of the driveway to get to his home. There are two other neighbors who have the 40 ft road way on there deeds also. Now he led the other two neighbors to believe that he drove on this road way and planted trees there for a number of years so now its his. No legal papers. It totals 9 thousand some ft. Well the other two neighbors let him do what he wanted to just to shut him up. He then built a 4 car garage on the proposed street by their property. Lieing on the building permit that is was on his property. Never paying any taxes on the property where the garage was built on. So now to try and make a long story short but you wouldn't believe what all this guy has done to us, we hired an attorney to buy 20 ft of the proposed street that would be 1/2 for us and 1/2 for our neighbor ( the township never took the road over ) right after we bought the home from my Mother. Our attorney checked into the original land owners and called them and he had passed away but a brother took over all the buisseness for him so he gave us a quilt deed and we paid taxes for 4 years now our neighbors attorney said we have an unlawful deed and it is no good saying the person who signed the deed over didn't know or understand what he was doing, so our neighbpor has filed for title to the whole 40 Ft of property by squatters rights which is 9 thousand and some ft. My whole complaint is he wants the whole 40 ft so he can blow his snow down in our yard the 20 ft which is grass. We put in a drain field near there and we don't need all the snow from his driveway piled up on our property.
Hope you can coment on this we filed an answer to his complaint and I guess we are headed for court. He just wants it all...... :mad: :confused:
**A: post to your intitial thread. Do not start a new thread on the same subject.

D

donner

I was wondering.......do you think we will do ok or is there anything that we could do to help our case? Like I said our attorney said not to worry but I never had this ever happen and it scares me....Thanks :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">