• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Mechanic ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jamesmeyer

What is the name of your state?James here in Texas. I hired a repair shop aquire and install a used engine in my car. I told them to use the "new" Water Pump and Timing chain from my old engine. I went 10,000 miles in 6 months and the water pump (which is driven by timing chain) caused the timing to jump .I took it back to the repair shop and they said the timing chain and water pump needs replaced for $700. I said okay.Then the next day they called and said they put in the parts but now the valves are bent from the timing chain jumping off.They said they need another $800 to do a valve job.I said, "no I am gon'na sue you" and left the car at their shop .They claim that the used engine was only warrantied for 30 days from their supplier and the failed parts were not supplied by their shop.They also said a remanufactured engine would have cost twice as much but would have had a longer warranty.How do you think the Judge will rule?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">