• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not hired because of disability??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

motay

What is the name of your state? Vermont
I had been thru the hiring process for a TSA screener (person at airport checking bags) part time. I had passed all the tests and was given an conditional offer of employment . Waiting on background check. I have had background checks for other jobs and always passed. I am currently collecting SSDI for my disability. I was told my an interviewer I most likely would not get hired because of my bipolar? I said what? Then she told me all my tests passed and you will here from us . I heard from them and told me I didnt meet quaifications for the job. I seems funny that I was qualified all the way up until I told them I had Bipolar. I feel I was discriminated because of my disibility, if i didnt get hired hired because of some other reason fine I can accect that but I want to know if I have a case or not? And can it sue them or get the job?

JETX

motay said:
I want to know if I have a case or not?
You don't have a case against them. The employer has the right to set reasonable restrictions for employment where the applicants 'disability' can be shown as restrictive. Considering the responsibility and obligations of a TSA employee, it would probably NOT be a violation.

And can it sue them or get the job?
Of course you (it?) can sue them. After all anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything. The problem you have is that you virtually no chance of winning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">