• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Breech and Confidentiality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

num1badz

What is the name of your state? VA

I recently did some programming work for a local business man. A contract was signed that outlined an estimate on the job, the specs of the job and billing procedures. He waited until I completed the work and then decided it was to expensive, even though I came in under the estimate, and decided he was not going to pay the bill.

He is not returning my phone calls or emails. And I am not in a hurry to sue him in small claims because I have found out he gets sued a lot, and since it is small claims court, he wont be forced to pay the judgement.

I have his entire list of contacts, which is very important in his business. I never signed a confidentiality agreement. Is it legal to sell this list to his competitor in order to recoup what he owes me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">