• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fence post sewer pipe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

supradad

What is the name of your state? Pa
My neighbor, when putting up a fence, drilled through my sewer pipe filled it with concreted and inserted a fence post. Needless to say my sewer pipe does not function.My sewer pipe runs through his property. I hired a plumber to fix the pipe but as it turns out a concrete "slug" got pushed futher down the pipe, which runs under his driveway. I checked my deed, there is no mention of a right of way and my neighbor says that there is no easement on his deed. He refuses to fix the pipe and denies access to the pipe. I have filed a civil suit but that will take about a month to have the case heard. Is there a faster way to get things moving? Am I wrong to think that he is liable and or responsible for my pipe?
Matt

HomeGuru

supradad said:
What is the name of your state? Pa
My neighbor, when putting up a fence, drilled through my sewer pipe filled it with concreted and inserted a fence post. Needless to say my sewer pipe does not function.My sewer pipe runs through his property. I hired a plumber to fix the pipe but as it turns out a concrete "slug" got pushed futher down the pipe, which runs under his driveway. I checked my deed, there is no mention of a right of way and my neighbor says that there is no easement on his deed. He refuses to fix the pipe and denies access to the pipe. I have filed a civil suit but that will take about a month to have the case heard. Is there a faster way to get things moving? Am I wrong to think that he is liable and or responsible for my pipe?
Matt

**A: no and no.

S

supradad

thanks home guru......any legal terms i may want to use????...i've contacted a real estate attorney....but like to sound like i kno what i'm talkin about!

HomeGuru

supradad said:
thanks home guru......any legal terms i may want to use????...i've contacted a real estate attorney....but like to sound like i kno what i'm talkin about!

**A: legal terms yes, you can use crap in lieu of sewer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">