• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

geoff2007

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

geoff2007

Knives As a minor

What is the name of your state? ohio

I am a 16 year old kid who attends high school like others. I have been attacked more than once because people know i wont fight back and if i do i am not the best fighter in the world. My question, Is it legal to carry a knife as a minor??... i know i cant carry it in school because it is a violation of school policy, but can i carry it outside of school areas?

Last edited:

CdwJava

That depends ... what kind of knife? How is it carried? Have you asked any police about the law in your jurisdiction about the carrying of knives by minors?

Have you reported these attacks to the police? If not, you may want to go there. Carrying a knife and whipping it out when threatened is far more likely to end up landing YOU in juvenile hall than the other guy.

Carl

ptlmejo

Carrying a weapon is NOT a smart answer to your problems.

I don't know about the Ohio laws concerning the use of pepper spray, but it may be worth looking into. For example, here, you have to be 18.

thelizzy

Or how about some self-defense classes? A few properly placed kicks and punches can completely incapacitate an attacker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">