• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expired registration ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

miquedlndrm

What is the name of your state? in tucson arizona I got pulled over for having an expired registration. However my registration wasn't expired. The car is my dad’s who recently passed away and his vehicle registration and tags are current. The police officer said that since its not in my name I am supposed to renew it and they took my license place and gave me a traffic citation. Were they right for doing that or can I fight it.

ptlmejo

Start by calling the DMV and ensuring that your payment was received and the renewal was put into the system.

As far as taking the plates go, I've never heard of it, but perhaps there's something burried in the AZ statues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">