• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about small accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

waheath

What Are My Rights?

What is the name of your state? WA

Hello,

I was involved in an accident in dec of 2003. there was stop and go traffic on the freeway i pulled out into the other lane going about 30 MPH and about 20 seconds later someone hit me on the back left side. By the time i looked behind me the person was in back of me. The angle of the hit is strange. It makes me beleive she had turned into me. Anyways the damage on both vehicles is very minimal. I would quote mine at about 1000.00 and hers was 1100.00. The thing is she is trying to say i pulled out in front of her, which is a complete lie.

Well i had not paid my insureance i was 15 days late :-(.
I was laid off and for the first time during the whole duration of my driving i was late paying when i actually needed it. ITS SO IRONIC how that works.

Well no police showed up at the crime beacuse we just considered it to be okay to take care of it later beacuse it was such a small accident. Now her insurance company is trying to get me to pay 1100.00 9 months later down the road. How can they say it is my fault when it isnt?

Can they actually get me to pay this even though it wasnt my fault and they cant even really prove it.

Its funny before they found out i wasnt insured they sounded like they were going to pay.

What are my rights in this situation.

Should i get a lawyer?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">