• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL Want to Quit bad employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Valentine Smith

Florida
My employer has misappropiated my 401k money and I reported him to the state emloyee hotline. Now my employer knows and is hasseling me. My sales deparment is not doing well so employer is using that to cut my hours to 20 hours a week. Can't I quit and look for another job and be eligible for unemployment compensation? Isn't working for someone who you can't trust enough of a reason to quit.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The only ones who can answer that question for you is your state unemployment commission. What YOU think is good reason to quit, or what I think is good reason to quit, may not be what the STATE thinks is good reason to quit, and the state has the only vote that counts.

Beth3

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "State employee hotline" (your State's Department of Labor?) but there are protections from retalliation in the law for reporting suspected violations of employment/benefit laws to the appropriate government agency. You may wish to contact them again.

Dandy Don

How long have you been employed there, and did you sign a contract/employment agreement with them?

Best option for you is to consult with a local employment law attorney now to find out what your options are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">