• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will this be enough?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

forubabe2

What is the name of your state? Virginia
An old boyfried of my ex girlfriend took her baby and threw it in the back of his car and was driving off with it. About 6 of us tried to stop him. That was in June. Someone kicked his door. He went and got a sherrif and said I did it. No one was charged and I didn't hear anything else until this week. 2 months later. My ex. went back to him and now he wants me to pay $1000 in damages to his car and if not he will take me to court. I am 19 finishing school and don't have a job right now either and live with my parents. I wrote him a note that I did not damage his car and why we were trying to stop him to begin with and got 2 of the 6 to sign it as witnesses. The other 4 will sign it too if necessary. I haven't mailed it yet. Does he have a case or should I get a lawyer? Should I sent the note or what? I have never been in trouble before and don't know what to do. Thanks

BL

An old boyfried of my ex girlfriend took her baby and threw it in the back of his car and was driving off with it. [ quote ]

Her Baby ? Is the baby his also ? If so was there any orders of the court for Custody visitations ?

If not, you all were in the wrong . If the child is his also, you all still were wrong doing what you did , unless the child was in danger .

If the case of the child being in danger, was the Police called ? was there any charges.

You all better has a real good excuse .

The burden of proof is on the plaintiff you committed the act .

F

forubabe2

No, the baby wasn't his. No we didn't call the police. We didn't have time to wait. The ex girlfriend just wanted him to leave and figured he wouldn't come back. He came back with a sherrif and we explained what happened. The sherrif said it didn't matter the reason that his property shouldn't have been hurt. But no one admited to damaging his car. No one thought they did any damage. For all we know that damage could have happened within the past 2 months that he has waited to say anything.

BL

forubabe2 said:
No, the baby wasn't his. No we didn't call the police. We didn't have time to wait. The ex girlfriend just wanted him to leave and figured he wouldn't come back. He came back with a sherrif and we explained what happened. The sherrif said it didn't matter the reason that his property shouldn't have been hurt. But no one admited to damaging his car. No one thought they did any damage. For all we know that damage could have happened within the past 2 months that he has waited to say anything.
The baby wasn't his.He threw the baby in the car and took off.

The police came back with him. This one's a whopper !!

Because in the United States of America that's called Kidnapping and is a Felony Crime .

No matter if his car was damaged in the process of retrieving the child , it would be with in any citizen's rights to use what was necessary .

So there seems like either the Police knew the parties, or someone didn't want him arrested,charged,and convicted of the Crime .

F

forubabe2

Well the ex girlfriend come to find out, and one of the reasons she is now my ex., she was still seeing him at the time. And she didn't want to press charges. My guess she is behind this. They both are doing drugs and I wasn't into that. Just let my )))) rule my head that time I guess. Thanks for the input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">