• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother arrested for Manufacturing a Controlled substance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jwtball

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

My brother missed his court date that he was OR from so he had a Felony Warrant out for his arrest, they went to his condo and forcefully pushed there way in and started ransacking the place they ended up arresting him with a different charge. There charging him with manufacturing of a controlled substance. What they took and have to charge him with this is ridiculous they found a picture frame with a little bit of white residue on it they found two meth pipes (empty) they found marijuana seeds and they found an old meth recipe of the Internet barred in his closet somewhere. I truly don't think he could be charged with manufacturing with just that. But what I was wanting to know is we were in the process of finding him an attorney and which the court was informed. On one of his court dates a Public Attorney spoke with my brother telling him his charges and were he stood basically telling him that if he didn't take this plea bargain all the charges would stay and he was looking at 7 yrs in Prison in less he took the plea bargain and pleaded guilty to manufacturing then all other charges would be dropped and he would just get 3yr Probation. The PD just said to say yes to everything the Judge said. So he did not wanting to go to prison for 7yrs. Then to find out the PD lied to him all the charges still could be charged against him on his sentencing date and he still could get 7yrs. Want we want to know could he take his plea of guilty back fire his PD and be represented with a lawyer before his sentencing date, or is it too late and now he's going to have to do time for a charge he was not guilty to. This is my brothers first charge he has never been in trouble with the law.

rmet4nzkx

He needs to discuss these things with his criminal defense attorney. It is at least his 2nd offense as he was OR of a felony (for what?) when he was picked up on his FTA which gave them reason to search and sounds like a good charge considering what they found and then the aditional charges when they took him into custody. What was he thinking, FTA and then his place full of stuff, it sounds like he has killed a few brain cells along the way. He is well on his way to three strikes, what a batting average. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">