• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor Time Limit To Sell House in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grubere

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OHIO

My father's second wife is Executrix of his will. My father's house is titled in his name only and the will states Executrix is to sell it and split the proceeds of the real estate sale between herself and me. The will was filed for probate in March 2004 and I signed the waiver of probate sent to me by Executrix's attorney since I am a beneficiary on the house sale only. What is Executrix's time limit for putting the house up for sale? My father died in Nov of 2003 but Executrix didn't file the will until March of 2004. She told the family she was going to put it up for sale this summer but has not done so. Also, she is living in the house even though her name is not on the title. Does she have a right to do this? She has her own house in her own name in the next suburb as they were only married a year when he died. She received everything else in the will such as his car and all the money in his bank accounts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">