• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in Possessions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blueandyellow

What is the name of your state? Iowa

Hi, I recently got a ticket for a minor in possession (MIP). The officer that wrote my ticket put down some of the information wrong on my ticket though and I'm wondering if I can get out of it. On my ticket it says that I am a male, but I am a female. It also has the date of the incident as 9/18/04 but the date it happened was August 22, 2004. My birthdate is September 18, 1984 so I think he must have got distracted when writing the ticket. Are these mistakes to little for me to get out of the MIP?

JETX

blueandyellow said:
Are these mistakes to little for me to get out of the MIP?
In my opinion, probably. The fact that the 'date of violation' is not correct is usually sufficient to void the ticket as it is a factual matter of relevance. However, it is entirely up to the court. Go fight it. The worse you will get is an education on how the legal sytem works (or doesn't), and why you should NOT be drinking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">