• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just curious about this particular solicitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anonamouse

What is the name of your state? California

Several former co-workers filed suit against my employer for wrongful termination. I was personally named by one of the plaintiffs for defamation as well, although I was not his supervisor nor did I have any influence whatsoever over the division he worked in. At the same time they filed a whistle-blower suit. The same attorney represented all of them in both claims.

During the deposition phase of the wrongful termination/defamation suit, their lawyer (through a third party) attempted to convince me to join their whistle-blower suit.

This feels wrong to me. At the least it seems like a conflict of interest, but I'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">