• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advise on credit card problem w Amex (amex sucks)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hazael

What is the name of your state? MA

Back in Dec 03 I bought a product from a jewlery store (Amex authorized vendor). The jewler could not find the same quality stone I wanted so she called me a day before christmas and said that she did not find the same quality stone. I said that she should cancel the transaction and refund me the money on my card. I never got the refund and neither the stone. 9 months later and after several claims. amex has said that they will not refund me the money and are refusing to contact the vendor anymore. THe vendor (K Horn jewlery near Macy's Boston) is a total thief and does not want to give me back the money owed. I am taking both the vendor and Amex to court. Chances of success? I am a student and want the money back.

Last edited by a moderator:

BL

What did the written contract State ?

Based on what you have posted ,

Start by Calling your bank and see if they will allow you to file a claim . Tell them moneys were taken from your credit card and you have received no merchandise or services in return for it .If your bank works with you and agrees they will put your money back into your account .

Other options include contacting you States consumer protection board , or Attorney General's office .
Also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

You might also contact the DA's Office to see if this is a case of theft .

Or as you are inquiring take them to Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">