• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I rent my unit by the week

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nancy Parinello

What is the name of your state?CA
We have been told for years by the person managing our small condo building that we can only rent our Mission Bay condos for one month or longer and until now have accepted this as fact, but this week three of us went over and over the CC&Rs and this is all we can find regarding rules of usage.

Section 3 Use of FamilyUnits - Internal Changes.
a) All units shall be utilized for residential purposes only.

Nothing about a time limit. We asked the manager where he got this rule from and he said the definition of "residential purposes" is "over 30 days" and said he found this in the dictionary! We say one week rentals (and even hotels/motels for that matter) are "residential purposes."

It looks to us if any owners want to make a 30 day minimum rental rule that they are going to have to bring about a vote to change the CC&Rs to reflect it. As it stands now, we have the right to rent for any time period we choose. Are we right?
Nancy, Robin and Connie

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Nancy Parinello said:
What is the name of your state?CA
We have been told for years by the person managing our small condo building that we can only rent our Mission Bay condos for one month or longer and until now have accepted this as fact, but this week three of us went over and over the CC&Rs and this is all we can find regarding rules of usage.

Section 3 Use of FamilyUnits - Internal Changes.
a) All units shall be utilized for residential purposes only.

Nothing about a time limit. We asked the manager where he got this rule from and he said the definition of "residential purposes" is "over 30 days" and said he found this in the dictionary! We say one week rentals (and even hotels/motels for that matter) are "residential purposes."

It looks to us if any owners want to make a 30 day minimum rental rule that they are going to have to bring about a vote to change the CC&Rs to reflect it. As it stands now, we have the right to rent for any time period we choose. Are we right?
Nancy, Robin and Connie
**A: does your current zoning allow vacation rentals or rentals of less than 30 days?

N

Nancy Parinello

more on can I rent my condo weekly

Yes, current zoning allows vacation rentals of less than 30 days.

HomeGuru

Nancy Parinello said:
Yes, current zoning allows vacation rentals of less than 30 days.
**A: then have the manager supply you with the cite from the CC&R's supporting his/her position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">