• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sale gone crazy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

webslingers

What is the name of your state?CA

I purchased a couple rings online with no problems. It's on a credit deal so I would have to make payments. Still no problem. Then...a problem, I have no money at this time to settle the debt with that company. I understand that they will send it to a collection agency, again no problem, I understand this is how it works. Ok, so I call the company to try and settle today. The guy tells me that unless I can send money in today, they will send me to a collection agency to recover the money. I agreed that was what should be done since I can't pay anything today. Fine right? No, he has called 4 times since then just to sit on the phone, giggle, and hang up on me. The only thing he did say on these phone calls is that "now that I have your number, you can expect a call from me bright and early tomorrow" and his name and where he works. He called 3 times after that one just to giggle and hang up. Is this legal? When does it become harrasment? Me and my family are in the biggest slump ever and we simply don't need this kind of company calling us at all hours, especially since I told him to go ahead and send it to collections. That should have ended all communication with me and him right? I really don't know what to do anymore, can anyone help sort out what I can do?

Thank you very much in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">