• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal survey completed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

countrygrrrl

What is the name of your state? Washington State
:confused:
In 2001 I purchased an old railroad right of way (approx. 100' wide, 4400' long) with a manufactured home set up on it. This spring I had a legal survey done, marking corners, and staking the legal boundaries every 100' or so. I have found that all 3 owners of the adjacent properties have fences on my legal property; and 1 owner has 2 buildings that also sit over the borders. I sent certified letters to all (return receipt requested) with a copy of the survey, stating my intent to remove existing fencing and replace with appropriate livestock fencing to enclose my horses. One owner did not reply - his fence is about 11 feet into my property, and is standing in good condition & holding cattle. The 2nd owner replied to me, and is willing to walk the boundaries with me, and work something out...this fence is in serious disrepair, mostly just fence posts, and tangled up wire. This fence is only about 5 feet over. My problem is the 3rd owner. His fence is about 11 feet over the lines, and his buildings are 1 foot & 3 feet over respectively. He refused to accept delivery of my letter. I don't intend to cause him a problem with the buildings - just building my fencing to the corners of the buildings, ensuring the integrity of them. The fencing is in serious disrepair also - broken, tangled barbed wire, covered in vines & brush. He also has irrigation pipes stacked on my property, and a couple of old car hulks. What is my next option? He is a VERY cranky old man with alot of money & nothing to spend it on. I haven't spoken with him since shortly after I moved into the home; but he has a reputation for intimidation; especially with women. (I am a single mother of 4). Is this going to require a lawyer (that I can't afford) or should I start with trespassing charges? Any help is appreciated.

HomeGuru

countrygrrrl said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State
:confused:
In 2001 I purchased an old railroad right of way (approx. 100' wide, 4400' long) with a manufactured home set up on it. This spring I had a legal survey done, marking corners, and staking the legal boundaries every 100' or so. I have found that all 3 owners of the adjacent properties have fences on my legal property; and 1 owner has 2 buildings that also sit over the borders. I sent certified letters to all (return receipt requested) with a copy of the survey, stating my intent to remove existing fencing and replace with appropriate livestock fencing to enclose my horses. One owner did not reply - his fence is about 11 feet into my property, and is standing in good condition & holding cattle. The 2nd owner replied to me, and is willing to walk the boundaries with me, and work something out...this fence is in serious disrepair, mostly just fence posts, and tangled up wire. This fence is only about 5 feet over. My problem is the 3rd owner. His fence is about 11 feet over the lines, and his buildings are 1 foot & 3 feet over respectively. He refused to accept delivery of my letter. I don't intend to cause him a problem with the buildings - just building my fencing to the corners of the buildings, ensuring the integrity of them. The fencing is in serious disrepair also - broken, tangled barbed wire, covered in vines & brush. He also has irrigation pipes stacked on my property, and a couple of old car hulks. What is my next option? He is a VERY cranky old man with alot of money & nothing to spend it on. I haven't spoken with him since shortly after I moved into the home; but he has a reputation for intimidation; especially with women. (I am a single mother of 4). Is this going to require a lawyer (that I can't afford) or should I start with trespassing charges? Any help is appreciated.
**A: you need to then find a lawyer that you can afford.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">