• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can He Do That?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trubble

:eek: CALIFORNIA
In Feb. of 2002 a man I "thought" I as living with was arrested for Domestic Violence. No, it wasn't me, he was living with another woman, telling me that he was staying at a friends or his parents or at work because he didn't have a ride or car to get himself to work. I knew it was all a lie and had been packing up his stuff for months before he got arrested. He was in jail until Feb of 2003. I have not talked to him, his family nor his friends since November of 2001. Recently he had a "third party" call my parents house asking them if any of his personal belongings were there. (I got rid of them a very long time ago.) He does not know where I live, where I work nor what I drive. I changed my phone number, sold my car, everything that would remotely tie him to me. Does he have any legal recourse? OH, on top of everything else this was not his first charge of physical assault and one of the reasons I totally changed everything in my life is that he threatened to come to my parents house and burn it down. I know, a total nut case but I learned quick!

Thanks...

N

NickBBB

Oh and to answer your question, althought not in any way legal, yes he could burn down a house :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">