• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend Needs Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roma

What is the name of your state? California.
My friend is considering having a relationship with a 14-15 year old who they are in love with. My friend is 18. I think they are going to get in trouble if they do this. I heard that below 14 is the age of being considered a child. They were given advice that if the 14-15 year old refuses to cooperate if it went to court, they may have a chance. From what I have checked this is wrong. Is there any hope for my friend or should I tell them to drop it. If they did not listen to me, what would be the statute, and what should I tell him to do? Thank you.

CdwJava

You friend is going to go to jail if he follows through on this. There are mroe laws on the books in CA than JUST Statutory Rape (PC 261.5), and he could get jammed up on any number of them.

And in CA many DA's offices still have grant fundings for investigators and DAs to do nothing but prosecute these predators.

He's a moron if he pursues this. And they do NOT need the victim to cooperate to prosecute. Especially if she gets pregnant (which they often do).

Carl

R

roma

Dear Carl,
Thanks, I will show him this. You answered my question. :) undefined

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">