• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Irrational Neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rlbaum316

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

I am new to this site so I hope I am in the correct area.
I have the same neighbors for approx 17 years. There have been some disagreements with the daughter (approx 30) over the years, of which her father (homeowner) does not really care to hear. He is gone all day and the daughter and her teenage children are home.

In the last 2 months it has gotten progressively worse. I have the white vinyl privacy fencing on my property. Consistently she waters her garden and allows the water to come over the fence onto my property. As I read in a prior post, it is not my concern that the fence gets wet, but she is also watering the drivers side of my car which is parked there (which now means that I must ensure that the windows are consistently closed) and my patio and patio furniture. We have asked repeatedly to lower the water and have actually gone over and shut it off ourselves. She will put the water on and leave the house for 4 hours.

To help ease her suicidal feelings, she wants to be able to paint on her side of my fence. She has asked the other neighbors if she could do that to their fence and referenced that she has thought of using ours. Is she allowed to do that?

To top this off she lets her dog bark for 6 hours straight and keeps a MaCaw on her deck during the day, making the neighborhood sound like the Bronx Zoo.

After numerous attempts at explaining how neighbors should treat each other, we made a formal compliant with the police and contacted the Code Department regarding the dog.

As my husband is pruning their weeds that are growing thorugh the fence we have to listen to an onslaught of profanities and name calling. Even her throwing some clippings back through the fence at my husband.

Where do we go from here? Each morning I wake up to see if there is any damage to my property, as I do not put it past them. The children feed off their mother's instability and join in with the names and profanities.

The other neighbors feel the same about the animal noise but are leary of making calls because they see what we are going through. We want o speak to the father but they threaten to call the police if we go on their property, which I would have to do to get to the door.

Please advise.

HomeGuru

rlbaum316 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

I am new to this site so I hope I am in the correct area.
I have the same neighbors for approx 17 years. There have been some disagreements with the daughter (approx 30) over the years, of which her father (homeowner) does not really care to hear. He is gone all day and the daughter and her teenage children are home.

In the last 2 months it has gotten progressively worse. I have the white vinyl privacy fencing on my property. Consistently she waters her garden and allows the water to come over the fence onto my property. As I read in a prior post, it is not my concern that the fence gets wet, but she is also watering the drivers side of my car which is parked there (which now means that I must ensure that the windows are consistently closed) and my patio and patio furniture. We have asked repeatedly to lower the water and have actually gone over and shut it off ourselves. She will put the water on and leave the house for 4 hours.

To help ease her suicidal feelings, she wants to be able to paint on her side of my fence. She has asked the other neighbors if she could do that to their fence and referenced that she has thought of using ours. Is she allowed to do that?

To top this off she lets her dog bark for 6 hours straight and keeps a MaCaw on her deck during the day, making the neighborhood sound like the Bronx Zoo.

After numerous attempts at explaining how neighbors should treat each other, we made a formal compliant with the police and contacted the Code Department regarding the dog.

As my husband is pruning their weeds that are growing thorugh the fence we have to listen to an onslaught of profanities and name calling. Even her throwing some clippings back through the fence at my husband.

Where do we go from here? Each morning I wake up to see if there is any damage to my property, as I do not put it past them. The children feed off their mother's instability and join in with the names and profanities.

The other neighbors feel the same about the animal noise but are leary of making calls because they see what we are going through. We want o speak to the father but they threaten to call the police if we go on their property, which I would have to do to get to the door.

Please advise.
**A: revise your post to just the real estate problem only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">