• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advertising for product by mentioning charity event- PLEASE HELP_-URGENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kaisjewels

What is the name of your state? New York

:confused:
I hope someone can help me with this question as I have absolutely no clue where to begin to get answers to this type of thing..........
I am starting a small home based business making "awarness" jewelry for Breast Cancer. I would like to place an ad in the local paper advertising my product as one that would be a very nice gift and/or supportive item for those people who are going to participate in a breast cancer walk a thon or event and then mention the event that is going to take place (Komen - Walk a thon) and wish all the participants luck in their endeavor.

Am I allowed to use the event's name and mention time and place that it will occur without consent of the organization hosting the event? Can anyone tell me where I would find information in regards to these types of issues? Please help- I can not locate this anywhere and have no clue where to look anymore since I have spent hours on this already..........

racer72

The easy answer is just ask for permission. I don't know of a charitible event organizer that would not want some free publicity.

K

kaisjewels

thanks- I plan on doing so but just thought I would ask- thanks for responding-I am glad to have the input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">