• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please advice me on this situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ashok

What is the name of your state? CT

I have brought a car from Private Party on 08/18/2004. The amount $(Cash) was paid to him on the same day as per his request, that the transaction to be only in cash. He has told that the bank has already sent me the title as he has cleared his bank loan and I should be getting it by 08/20/2004. He has given me a Bill of Sale with his signature. I have tried to call him on Saturday 08/21/2004 asking him for the Title and he has not responded to my voice messages too.

I tried from one of my friend number and got hold of him the next day and he said there was a slight delay and I should ne getting the title papers by 08/25/2004 the latest. I was not able to reach him ever since and I have been trying and leaving voice messages every day to both his mobile number and his wife's. on 08/27/2004, I had left a message saying that I would approach the cops if he has not responded to my message. The message box was full that night and was recieveing messages the next day which gives us a hint that he was checking his voice messages regulalry.

On 08/29/2004, We did go to his house and found that he is not opening the door and went right away to the police station, explained the problem to the officer and they have said they would be in no position to help us except for giving him a call because the rights are with the DMV to take action against these cases. As usual the police call also went to the voice messge and he has responded to that call after some time saying that he has already sent the papers to me.

On 08/30/2004, I did call the DMV office and found that the bank loan was not still cleared. I have got the car without number plates and is parked on the street, I don't know the state rules on car transactions. I have no clue as to what I can do about this case.

I would be pleased to geta response from you as to what could be done. Please help me in getting this issue resolved.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">