• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proof of Delivery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Knollwood

Michigan

I am on medical and each month I send the updated Leave of Absence form to my employer via email and fax. The email contains tif files that are generally scanned fax files. From the company's computer mail system I get a delivery notification that indicates the date, time, and name of recipient that the email was delivered to. I often send it to multiple people including the recipient’s management.

My question is this:

Is the Delivery Notice generated by the company’s email system sufficient evidence that I attempted to delivery the required Leave of Absence form to my employer?

Last edited:

Beth3

Generally speaking, I don't see why it wouldn't.

If you're talking about "evidence" that could sucessfully pass any and all challenges in a court of law though, your guess is as good as mine.

Dandy Don

For your own protection you should request only faxed confirmations. E-mails can be manipulated by anyone and the company could rightfully or wrongfully claim that they had seen them or had not seen them and you could not prove that one way or the other unless you had detailed computerized information about each transaction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">