• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work at Home Employee No Show ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Reinermom

What is the name of your state?CA

I work at home but am a employee of a hospital in medical records. Over the weekend, I had a family emergency that required I be about 3-4 hours away from my home for Saturday and Sunday This same weekend, my supervisor was gone out of town, and her supervisor was not around either. Normally I have both their home numbers pagers etc. I was not home when I received the emergent news, but called the department I work for - but they did not answer either. My wireless would not receive calls as I was out of my 'regular service area and roaming and it went straight to voice mail...I called in very early monday morning and spoke to my supervisor who said technically it was a no call, no show type of problem and she would have to make a decision...now it's Wednesday and I haven't heard from her.. They fax my work assigments to me via fax and by internet. So I continue waiting for a 'decision' or do I have any rights here or to I get to wait until I hear from her?

HomeGuru

Reinermom said:
What is the name of your state?CA

I work at home but am a employee of a hospital in medical records. Over the weekend, I had a family emergency that required I be about 3-4 hours away from my home for Saturday and Sunday This same weekend, my supervisor was gone out of town, and her supervisor was not around either. Normally I have both their home numbers pagers etc. I was not home when I received the emergent news, but called the department I work for - but they did not answer either. My wireless would not receive calls as I was out of my 'regular service area and roaming and it went straight to voice mail...I called in very early monday morning and spoke to my supervisor who said technically it was a no call, no show type of problem and she would have to make a decision...now it's Wednesday and I haven't heard from her.. They fax my work assigments to me via fax and by internet. So I continue waiting for a 'decision' or do I have any rights here or to I get to wait until I hear from her?
**A: you have a right to wait to hear from her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">