• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I entitled to interest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I filed for a fee arbitration in March which has been scheduled for October. The original settlement agreement for the case in question called for payments over 4 years, but in the attorney's response to my declaration it was stated that the defendant will be paying off the settlement this year(2 years early). That would mean the full payment would have been received by my attorney on or by August 5th, 2004.

Based on the retainer agreement, I paid the attorney 9% per year (3/4% per month simple) interest on any costs he incurred prior to the settlement. If the full payment was received, should I be due interest on any monies he owes me, but hasn't paid due to the impending arbitration hearing?

Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">