• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Academic Fair Use vs. Copyright Use

• Thread starter StudentQuestion
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

StudentQuestion

What is the name of your state? Colorado
Hello I am a student at a college in Colorado and I am wondering about something. I have the ability to copy a website in its entirety after a class that I have paid for and taken is over. The reason that I want to do this is so that on the following semesters / later in my career I can reference back to the powerpoint presentations and other notes and links that were on the sites as they were at the time I took the class. I do want to republish the site on a server of mine so I can access them from my house, school, workplace, or friends place.... basically wherever and whenever I need them.. I know that there is the academic fair use act that allows for some leniency in using copyrighted material. I do plan on putting up a disclaimer that states that the site is an older version of the class that I took and that the copyright is owned by XYZ of the school ABC. I am not sure how far of a violation of the academic copyright act this is or if this is ok.. I am not a lawyer... I am a programmer. :) Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">