• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued personally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

la1c

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Alabama

I am involved in a suit by an employee I terminated. She is claiming that I conspired to terminate her because of a workmens comp claim she filed over a year previous.
Her actual termination was because of insubordination and poor job performance.She is suing me personally and individually even though I was acting on my employers behalf.
Is this legal and if so what can I expect if she wins and I have no assetts.

Can they take my retirement and my house and personal belongings like she and her attorney are claiming. It is not fair for my family to suffer when they had no involvement at all.

What can I expect?
Thanks
Look forward to your reply.

Last edited:

L

la1c

la1c said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Alabama

I am involved in a suit by an employee I terminated. She is claiming that I conspired to terminate her because of a workmens comp claim she filed over a year previous.
Her actual termination was because of insubordination and poor job performance.She is suing me personally and individually even though I was acting on my employers behalf.
Is this legal and if so what can I expect if she wins and I have no assetts.

Can they take my retirement and my house and personal belongings like she and her attorney are claiming. It is not fair for my family to suffer when they had no involvement at all.

What can I expect?
Thanks
Look forward to your reply.

stephenk

have you requested your employer to hire an attorney on your behalf? is your employer represented by an attorney?

Dandy Don

You have nothing to worry about. Just show up in court with your attorney and successfully defend yourself with the truth. It will soon be seen that this is a frivolous lawsuit that had no business suing you personally since you were acting on your employer's behalf. Stop listening to their empty threats--you are going to emerge victorious and your assets will remain untouched.

What court is this suit being brought in, and what is she charging YOU with, and how much in damages is she asking for?

Make sure your attorney gets copies of her workman's comp. file and let's also hope that your company has documented records of her poor job performance and insubordination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">