• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reciprocal agreements with other states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jerbear50

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois
23 years ago my husband was charged with posession of cocaine. He is an Over The Road Truck Driver and the warrant just came across today when he was stopped by DOT. It says California Only. THey didn't know what it was for until I called and it was brought up and now they are going to updaTE THE COMPUTER. It will be a felony. This happened in California in 1981. We have talked with a lawyer on this and he is getting back to us. Our problem is my husband travels all over. What states are NOT reciprocal with California so if he is stopped they will not extradite him? Illinois is not. He goes to Ohio, Missouri, Iowa, wisconsin, New York, Penn, Va, Alabama etc.... Does anyone know
Thanks in advance

CdwJava

What it PROBABLY means is that CA will not extradite from any other state for the violation he is wanted for ... hence, CA only. So if he is found in CA the agency that holds the warrant will have him hauled back to their friendly little jail.

And if the warrant is in NCIC, and they DID decide they wanted him, the warrant would be enforceable in all 50 states.

Carl

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Jerbear50 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois
23 years ago my husband was charged with posession of cocaine. He is an Over The Road Truck Driver and the warrant just came across today when he was stopped by DOT. It says California Only. THey didn't know what it was for until I called and it was brought up and now they are going to updaTE THE COMPUTER. It will be a felony. This happened in California in 1981. We have talked with a lawyer on this and he is getting back to us. Our problem is my husband travels all over. What states are NOT reciprocal with California so if he is stopped they will not extradite him? Illinois is not. He goes to Ohio, Missouri, Iowa, wisconsin, New York, Penn, Va, Alabama etc.... Does anyone know
Thanks in advance

My response:

Why should we impart that information to you? Do you want FreeAdvice to be a conspirator to aiding and abetting a fugitive from justice? Is that what you're asking us?

Your husband ran from the law, and Justice will put him behind bars - - eventually. He can run, but he can't hide.

IAAL

J

Jerbear50

No I am not trying to aid a fugitive. We are just trying to get this straightened out and NOT lose his job in the meantime. He thought the charges had been dismissed along time ago. This has never came up on record all these years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">