• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regarding Marines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

corabelle

What is the name of your state?Here's the situation. My boyfriend is entering Boot Camp for the Marines near the end of October. I'll be honest and say that I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to anything Military, and when he tries to explain things to me I just get confused because he doesn't know how to explain it without all the technical terms that I don't understand. I was wondering if someone could explain a few things to me. For one, what exactly will happen/be the line of events once he enters Boot Camp...as in where he will go, how long, etc....and also, is there any way for me to contact him during his training and what it takes to live with him once he is on a base (which I don't know how any of that works either - my cousin lives with her husband on base and it made me curious). We're in a serious relationship and I'd like to have more of a clear understanding of all of this but he doesn't know everything about it and I don't have a clear understanding after what he's told me. I'd appreciate any and all responses. lol. Sorry if this sounds dumb but I honestly have no military knowledge. Thanks a bunch!

devilsgirl

Actulally,if you are East of the Mississippi he will go to Parris Island,NC for boot camp and if he is West he will go to MCRD San Diego. There is no boot camp in Oceanside ,CA. Camp Pendleton is located there but the recruits will only be there for a short part if the training.
Boot camp for all Marines is 12 weeks long. He will most likly only get one phone call just to tell his family that he arrived safely. You can write all you want be do not send packages.
After boot camp he will get 10 days leave.Once leave is up he will go to either MCT or SOI if he is infantry. Then he will go to his MOS(his job) school which varies in time depending on the MOS.
Once he has completed MOS school he will be givin orders for his first duty station. Either at one of the US bases or since he is unmarried an unaccompanied tour to Japan(most likly Okinawa) for 1-2 years(they are phasing in 2 year unaccompanied tours)
Since he will be a junior Marine chances are his command will not allow him to live "out in town" unless he is married.It is basicly a case by case basis.

If you have anymore questions here is a great source of support and info...

www.marinewives.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">