• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I do this..........Legally????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glaconte

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

I have a customer who is unsatisfied with the quality of a print job I did for her. She ordered brochures and catalogs. The job was perfectly fine, it just did not meet her "standards" I can explain further if needed. I did offer a proof 3 times prior to printing her materials, but she was in a hurry and did not accept the offer of a proof.

Now, she wants a full refund, has insulted my equipment and my overall customer service abilities, over and over. We are both members of a public forum (similar to this one) and she has threatened filing a PUBLIC complaint about my services on the board.

Normally, I do not give refunds or credits after a job has been printed, but after many emails, I finally decided to "try" and find a resolution to the delimma since I do a lot of business on the forum and I really did want to make her happy.

I offered her a credit for 1/2 of the $ 338.00 she paid for (200) 6 page catalogs, including folding, stapling and shipping. (that works out to about $ .33 cents per FULL COLOR page :eek: ).

I told her the credit would be for B&W printing only since she wasn't happy with the color quality or the equipment I was using (long story). She could use it for any printed material such as newsletters, envelopes etc. as long as it was in B&W. She sent me an email tonight refusing the offer. She also said her attorney told her it was a "bad faith" offer!!! (no, it was not!! :mad: )

Here's my question: Can I offer a free copy of the catalog/brochures to other members who read the thread, so they can judge for themselves??? I have consulted several professional opinions as to the quality and they all agree there is NOTHING wrong with the print quality and no reason to issue a refund or credit.

Will I break any laws by offering a copy of her brochure and catalog since she is the one bringing this transaction public? There were no confidentiality agreements signed.

Thanks in advance for any help or information!

~ Ginger ~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">