• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Use of TV and Movie scenes in other shows...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tyburgess

What is the name of your state? CANADA

I have a question regarding the use of television and movie scenes in other TV shows. Does the production have to gain rights to air scenes or use dialog from other shows? An example would be a show where a character is watching television, and the screen either has a scene from the show, or the character is quoting a line from it. Are there companies which do not allow their shows to be used this way? How much can I expect to have to pay to air a scene in this way? Thanks for your help and for this great site......

T

tyburgess

I was asking about the US. Does this sort of thing vary from state to state? If so, let's go with California......

racer72

This forum is not for folks doing homework or looking for generalities. We deal with specific problems so that a knowledgable and correct answer can be given.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">