• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License suspension questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Need Help!

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but......

I have received a letter of suspension for my drivers license and plates due to a lapse in my insurance coverage. Yes, I made a bad judgement call and let it go temporarily because the car is inoperable right now and has been for months. Unfortunately, I am still paying on the car - so, that doesn't help. I have since renewed my coverage and paying on the car - as it sits in the driveway. So, per the letter of suspension I received - I wrote and requested a hearing as it stated I could. One of the reasons it listed for a hearing is the auto being inoperable. I got a letter yesterday notifying me of the hearing date, but this one makes it sound like I have no hope. It said that the person conducting the hearing does not have the ability to prevent the suspension.

Help! I have been borrowing a car and am paying for the insurance coverage on this one, as well as routine maintenance. I need to be able to drive to get to work and take my daughter to daycare. Is there anything I can do??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">