• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

weed possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

weaknpowerless

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I live in Nebraska. I got a f*cked up situation I need some advice with. Yesterday, some f*cking University cop barged into my room (I was there). She started sniffing around saying she could smell marijuana. (Apparently someone called to complain, but they didn't know which room, because I heard the same knock on my neighbors door. Well this bitch was on a f*cking powertrip or something because; 1) I sprayed a sh*t ton of air sanitizer to mask the smell, before and after smoking, plus I probably sparyed some just 5 minutes before the whore walked in because I was paranoid. 2) The windows were open at the time of smoking, plus I had 2 fans pushing the air out. I sat near the window as well. Towels were put under the door and I even taped a fairly large crack between the door with duct tape. I should mention that the windows were closed when the cop walked in, and the towels and tape had been removed prior to her entering, she did not see or hear me remove the tape. 3) The weed I am being charged with possessing if f*cking lame. It's about 3-4 seeds, and 2 stems, and maybe a tiny flake a marijuana. I was also told that I could not photograph it prior to her removing it. 4) I also declined to having my room searched, which regargless what cops say, puts up a red flag. But I had good reason, or atleast I thought. In a lock box under my roomates bed I had 1 oz of marijaua, plus 2 glass pipes. In the closet I had a somewhat hidden travel bag with my Tommy Chong bong. No way in f*ck am I letting the pigs get him. I forgot to mention that the cop also took some duct tape (in the trash), a lid to a cookie jar, a cigarette roller, and them seeds'n'sh*t as evidence. I have never had a drug conviction, or been charged with any crime. The Nebraska drug laws say I should have recieved a citation and a fine, but now I'm headed to court within the month. I CAN NOT have a drug conviction on my record. I am studying to become a pharmacist and it will seriously affect my chances of getting into Pharmacy school. Should I fight this sh*t or what? With my very limited legal knowledge I think I have a chance. Any help is appreciated.

rmet4nzkx

Hey can I have some of that duct tape to tape my rib's, I laughed so hard I might have busted one :eek:

Now is the time to change career asspirations! :D

Sounds like processing sewer sludge at the county work farm would be just up your alley and you'd have all the $hit you could ever want :D

You got just what you deserved and are not intelligent enough to become a pharmacist anyway so better not to waste you time and money on college.

CdwJava

First, let me say that you are a foul-mouthed little runt ... with that kind of language, lack of respect, and generally drug-induced attitude, I am amazed that you have even gotten to college. And instead of taking full advantage of the opportunity you've been given, you are frying your brain at the beginning of the school year ... what a great system of higher education we have. What a future for you.

Now, let me be the first to tell you this surpising news ... no amount of room deodorizer will remove the smell of marijuana from a room! None! It will only make for some other wonderful odors ... and, it will give us (the police) a great clue as to who was doing the smoking because so many potheads do just what you did. It's kinda like sending up a flare saying, "I smoked it."

Oh, and if you had just smoked it, you wreaked. She could probably smell it the moment you opened the door.

I am also amazed that you think you know what the officer saw or heard. Especially after you had just gotten high ... I don't suppose that might have effected your perceptions, eh?

Your ONLY chance to beat the charge is to suppress the search ... if there was one. For this, you WILL need an attorney. I have no way of knowing if it was lawful or not because you don't say what she did. Obviously she did not toss the room because she did nto find everyone else's stash. However, if you opened the door, she smelled the marijuana, then saw the stuff she seized in plain sight, you're done.

And if you want to get into pharmacy school or whatever it is, you had better change your ways real quick because there WILL be a 'next time'. And I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather not have my pharmacist have a bunch of dead brain cells. But, I imagine that once you had access to other neat and nifty drugs, you'd probably leave marijuana behind.

Wake up and straighten out before you end up just another statistic laying in the gutter.

Good luck.

Carl

W

weaknpowerless

a little harsh, but i guess i deserve it. first off, i can curse all i want, it doesn't hurt anyone. secondly, i know she didn't see/hear the tape because I doubt she was in the building at that time, or if anyone even called to complain,yet. My air sanitizer of choice is Ozium, its probably the best. I am sure she might have smelled something but it wasn't like i just put out a ****ing joint right before she popped in. I also didn't metion that I brushed my teeth and washed my hands after smoking, to reduce the smell. i didn't include that because i didn't think critical *******s, like yourselves, would care. The cop didn't search the room, she just looked for anything in plain sight, everything I already mentioned. I declined to let her search. And, like i said before, everything found wasn't even on my property (if it matters), it was on my roommates, who wasn't there at the time. when does marijuana kill brain cells?

shouldn't i have been issued a citiation? as stated by Nebraska statute 28-416(13)(a). "Any person knowingly or intentionally possessing marijuana weighing one ounce or less shall: (a) For the first offense, be guilty of an infraction, receive a citation, be fined one hundred dollars, and be assigned to attend a course as prescribed in section 29-433 if the judge determines that attending such course is in the best interest of the individual defendant."

Last edited:

dequeendistress

everything found wasn't even on my property (if it matters), it was on my roommates
Ok, so you guys share property in the SAME room.

The articles found were in plain view right?

See ya, but not at the pharmacy.

I only hope that I am not contributing to your schooling, somehow.

By the way-you are NOT going to mask that odor with handsoap, incense, glade, Ozium, chicken litter, or anything else.

and...just fyi after looking up ozium and recognizing the container, I just took a brief trip to the restrooms and verified we use it in our facility....after the guys take a break in there---it masks NOTHING.

Last edited:
W

weaknpowerless

uh yeah, its a dorm room. my bed is on the opposite side of the room. all my stuff is on the opposite side of the room. what if it's his? there was a non-police officer witness present. she can confirm the insubstantial quantity of the evidence. can't i play on the heartstrings of the judge or something? the hearing is only a prelim.

maybe i'm not clarifying myself. I smoked weed up to an hour before the cops showed up. my roommate also smokes cigarettes, and had an open ashtray, with butts, in plain sight. that is probably a contributing factor to the smoke smell. i ain't taking feces here lady, ozium affects smoke differently.

Last edited:

dequeendistress

Sure, play whatever you want dude.

BUT you were in the room, the rooms contents were in your possession.

The court is not going to care if you state it belonged to the roomie or not. Is your roommate going to appear with you for your arraignment and state, "your honor that was all mine."

Go get an attorney or allow the court to appoint you one, you will need their services.

PS don't wise off and tell the judge what you did us about all the stuff that was not found or your Chong pipe you won't part with.

DUDE! Lay off the smell issue, There is NOTHING else on EARTH that smells like weed burning (except for rope or wet leaves at times) SINCE it is not feasible that you raked your room and were in the process of burning the OAK leaves FORGET IT, it is NOT a viable defense.

Actually now that I think about it--a truck load of chicken litter MIGHt cover the smell of pot....why don't you try that next time

Last edited:
W

weaknpowerless

all right. thank you for the straight answer. althought not quite what I wanted to here. what kind of fine and whatever else am I looking at? this is a first offense.

the only reason i am bringing the smell issue up is because the was 10 minutes time between the cop going to my neighbors room, and mine. Which probably means the cop pulled the whole "I smell weed" schpeal. She did the same thing to me, I was just the stupid **** who left out a couple of stems and seeds.

Last edited:
W

weaknpowerless

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

dequeendistress

Ok the school is now monitoring your activities via the net... :cool:

I don't know, the link works for me... let's not waste anymore space on this though...
Nebraska

conditional decriminalized mandatory

Details About this report

Incarceration
Fine
Possession
1 oz or less (first offense)* civil citation none $100
1 oz or less (second offense) misdemeanor 5 days $200
1 oz or less (subsequent offense) misdemeanor 7 days $300
1 oz to 1 lb misdemeanor 7 days $500
More than 1 lb felony 5 years $10,000
*Possible drug education course.
Sale
Any amount felony 1 year MMS** - 20 years $25,000
To a minor felony 3 years MMS** - 20 years $50,000
Within 1,000 feet of school or 100 to 1,000 feet of other specified areas felony 3 years MMS** - 50 years $50,000
**Mandatory minimum sentence.
Miscellaneous (paraphernalia, license suspensions, drug tax stamps, etc...)
Paraphernalia possession (first offense) civil citation none $100
Paraphernalia possession (second offense) civil citation none $200 - $300
Paraphernalia possession (subsequent offense) civil citation none $200 - $500
Paraphernalia sale misdemeanor 6 monts $1,000
Details

Possession of one ounce or less of marijuana is an infraction, and the offender receives a citation and is subject to a $100 fine and possible referral to a drug education course for the first offense. For a second offense, the penalty increases to a possible 5 days in jail and a fine of $200. For subsequent offenses, the fine increases to $300 and a possible 7 days jail time. For possession of greater than one ounce, the penalty is up to 7 days in jail and a fine up to $500. Possession of greater than one pound is punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

The penalty for distribution of marijuana is up to 20 years in prison and a fine up to $25,000. The penalty increases for sale to minors and sale within 1,000 feet of a school, college or playground, or within 100 feet of a youth center, public swimming pool or video arcade to the next higher classification of offense.

Possession of paraphernalia is punishable by a fine of $100 for the first offense. For the second offense, the fine increases to $200 - $300 and for subsequent offenses, the fine increases to $200 - $500. Sale of paraphernalia is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine up to $1,000.

Conditional release: The state allows conditional release or alternative or diversion sentencing for people facing their first prosecutions. Usually, conditional release lets a person opt for probation rather than trial. After successfully completing probation, the individual's criminal record does not reflect the charge.

Mandatory minimum sentence: When someone is convicted of an offense punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence, the judge must sentence the defendant to the mandatory minimum sentence or to a higher sentence. The judge has no power to sentence the defendant to less time than the mandatory minimum. A prisoner serving an MMS for a federal offense and for most state offenses will not be eligible for parole. Even peaceful marijuana smokers sentenced to "life MMS" must serve a life sentence with no chance of parole.

Decriminalization: The state has decriminalized marijuana to some degree. Typically, decriminalization means no prison time or criminal record for first-time possession of a small amount for personal consumption. The conduct is treated like a minor traffic violation.

Do yourself a favor and stop fighting the system and blaming others for a "way out" clean up your life, so that you have one.

PSS STOP referring to law enforcement as Pigs---even us part timers don't like that

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">