• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Burn scar from facial waxing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LTK

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

In July 04 , we went to do my facial waxing in a local nail saloon. I had my nails service and the facial waxing service and after the waxing there are red rashes on my eyebrows and above my lips. The saloon lady said that is normal, it is because the wax is warm; it will go away in few hours.

I went home and apply Neosporin or another antibacterial ointment for a couple of days . But I have those red marks on the following days and weeks, and luckily the red marks went away on my eyebrows and left hand site of my lips after a week, but I still have a burn mark on top of my right lips. It has been 2 months in full now.

I have purchased several scars cream and apply to the burn scar every day now and it is getting lighter but it is still there. It is costly and I have emotional stress from these scar especially I went to the services the day before my wedding and I have all these on my wedding day. Can you imagine? It was painful and burning .

Can I sue the saloon?

cmorris

Can you prove negligence? Did they do anything wrong? What does the salon say about this?

I understand why you are upset. But if they did not do anything wrong (that you can prove), you do not have a case. Some people just have very sensitive skin.

gobonas99

LTK said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

In July 04 , we went to do my facial waxing in a local nail saloon. I had my nails service and the facial waxing service and after the waxing there are red rashes on my eyebrows and above my lips. The saloon lady said that is normal, it is because the wax is warm; it will go away in few hours. And the salon lady was correct, redness is VERY common following waxing - and the severity can vary depending on your skin's sensitivity.

I went home and apply Neosporin or another antibacterial ointment for a couple of days . But I have those red marks on the following days and weeks, and luckily the red marks went away on my eyebrows and left hand site of my lips after a week, but I still have a burn mark on top of my right lips. It has been 2 months in full now. It appears that either you are very sensitive to the wax, or perhaps the wax was getting low and was warmer than normal...

I have purchased several scars cream and apply to the burn scar every day now and it is getting lighter but it is still there. It is costly and I have emotional stress from these scar especially I went to the services the day before my wedding and I have all these on my wedding day. Can you imagine? It was painful and burning . Have you even had a lip or brow wax before? If no, then why would you have it done the day before your wedding? It causes redness, and some people are even allergic to the wax! If this was not your first wax, then you should have known better than to have it done the day before - I ALWAYS get any waxing done a week or more before any special events...

Can I sue the saloon?
I highly doubt that you have cause to sue (that doesn't mean you don't, but I doubt it). Redness, rashers and, yes, even burns, are known risks of hot waxing.

Tayla

Pardon my comment here, yet this post doesnt seem to pertain to Auto and Vehicle Claims, perhaps the poster would do well under the Business law section.

LTK

How to chagne this post to other forum?

Can some one tell me how to switch this post to other forum?

dequeendistress

Go to edit your post, then select delete and then "delete this message" then hit enter.

Then...Post your original question in the correct forum.

**If you want to keep the post as is, copy and paste it. (do this prior to deleting it-of course)

gobonas99

dequeendistress said:
Go to edit your post, then select delete and then "delete this message" then hit enter.

Then...Post your original question in the correct forum.

**If you want to keep the post as is, copy and paste it. (do this prior to deleting it-of course)
but bear in mind that if you do this, you will lose all the current answers to your post.

dequeendistress

ahhh-no I included a copy and paste notation in my reply. Providing that one knows how to do so, nothing would be lost.

(the op could always print it out also, then they could retain it forever, since you feel the issue was answered, Gobanas)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">