• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket Trial Delayed 1 1/2 Years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kane1st

What is the name of your state? CA

I received a parking ticket in L.A., CA 1 1/2 years ago. I decided to fight it, but they keep delaying my request for a court trial. They reported me delinquent to the DMV and a collections agency, even though they sent me letters saying that they would suspend any further action pending the outcome. I sent the DMV a copy of the letter from L.A. and asked them to remove the ticket from my registration bill until the case is closed, but they said that they needed a court abstract first.

How do I get the DMV to remove the ticket? Why did they accept the ticket without a court order, but require one to remove it?

What should I do to get L.A. to close the case? Can I get them to dismiss it because they did not grant me a speedy trial? What is the statute of limitations (SOL)?

The collections agency is apparently suspending its actions; I also sent them the letter from L.A., and have not received a letter of rejection to my request to reverse the collections. However, about every five months L.A. keeps renewing its notifications that I am delinquent to both the collections agency and the DMV.

Please advise,

kane1st

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">