• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i sue the cops?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nbcell43

What is the name of your state? California

I was arrested after i got into a car accident. i was charged with vc2800.2(a) vc23152(a) hs11357(b) evading,dui,posession of pot. I have no tickets no record at all until now : / I was stoned and I didnt realize i was being chased by a cop.

im getting screwed, i have no witnesses and i have no defense according to my
public defender. but besides that i would like to know if i can sue the cop for not calling an ambulance. according to the police report i was going 80mph and i crashed and flipped my car. i got out and was cuffed and thrown into the backseat bleeding. I was given a bandaid in jail. I was so shocked and stunned i never been arrested before. after i got out of jail 8 days later i went to my doctor the first day i was out. i was diagnosed with a post traumatic concussion. Is there any way i can get this cop in hot water.
I made lots of mistakes so far in my case. im being pushed around every which way. can someone please give some friendly advice? ?

CdwJava

nbcell43 said:
I was arrested after i got into a car accident. i was charged with vc2800.2(a) vc23152(a) hs11357(b) evading,dui,posession of pot. I have no tickets no record at all until now : / I was stoned and I didnt realize i was being chased by a cop.
Wow ... good thing you're no longer on the road! My family has to drive out here!

im getting screwed, i have no witnesses and i have no defense according to my public defender.
No ... you screwed yourself. Nobody got you stoned or drunk and forced you to drive, did they? And fleeing was entirely your fault. And just WHO did you think was chasing you with all those blue and red lights? Tinkerbell?

but besides that i would like to know if i can sue the cop for not calling an ambulance. according to the police report i was going 80mph and i crashed and flipped my car. i got out and was cuffed and thrown into the backseat bleeding.
Of course you might have been treatd at the scene and not recalled it ... I mean, you didn't know the cops were chasing you, how would you know who saw you? Plus, if you refused treatment, then they could not treat you.

But, you can certainly fork out the money for an attorney to try and sue them for not getting an ambulance. You might actually get them to pay for your medical bills ... maybe. But, since its likely you will be in custody soon anyway, the state will be paying those bills anyway.

Carl

im REALLY pissed that you got the NERVE to think you got screwed here!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: what if you hit someone and cause bodily harm or worse vehicular homicide???!!!!! you just be glad that you didn't strike an innocent driver to face even more charges and that your own life was spared. just like CdwJava said you might just want to wait until you're in custody to receive your med treatment. i hope this situation knocked some common sense in your head!!!!! :mad: :mad:

but maybe im just a little bitter cause i was minding my own business on the way home when a dui driver crossed over the divider and struck me head-on and i don't have my car anymore and im running around in circles trying to get it paid off and getting a rental.

THE ABSOLUTE NERVE OF A DUI DRIVER TRYING TO SUE!!!!!! :mad:

Ummonx

This is the best one I have heard.

Reckless driving, running from the cops. DUI, possession and the moron wants to sue.

Unbelievable

JETX

nbcell43 said:
Is there any way i can get this cop in hot water.
By the nature of your post, it is obvious that you are either still stoned or have suffered some type of mental deficiency, I will be kind in my response and simply say.... no.

I made lots of mistakes so far in my case. im being pushed around every which way.
And with any luck at all, you will get 'pushed' around a lot more when you get the opportunity to meet "Bubba" during your incarceration.

can someone please give some friendly advice?
Yep. Don't drop the soap in the shower!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">