• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underinsured motorist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SUSANTHDA

What is the name of your state?Tn.
My son was involved in an auto accident a couple of months ago. It was 100 per cent the other guys fault.My sons vehicle rolled 3 times and he was ejected. He is a very lucky guy. We were told that the other guy had insurance, but only had a $25,000 limit on medical. they have agreed to pay for his truck( which was a total loss) $3,900. We have not yet received that payment. Or health insurance has been paying all of the medical bills.After his insurance reimburses our medical insurance it will consume the $25,000. My son is currently going through therapy for his back. ( he had a couple of fractured bones in his back plus a concussion. We feel he should be compensated in some way for his pain and suffering. But after the medical bills there will be nothing left. We ouselves have good insurance and feel that this guy should have been covered better. I guess some is better than none any advice?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

SUSANTHDA said:
What is the name of your state?Tn.
My son was involved in an auto accident a couple of months ago. It was 100 per cent the other guys fault.My sons vehicle rolled 3 times and he was ejected. He is a very lucky guy. We were told that the other guy had insurance, but only had a $25,000 limit on medical. they have agreed to pay for his truck( which was a total loss) $3,900. We have not yet received that payment. Or health insurance has been paying all of the medical bills.After his insurance reimburses our medical insurance it will consume the $25,000. My son is currently going through therapy for his back. ( he had a couple of fractured bones in his back plus a concussion. We feel he should be compensated in some way for his pain and suffering. But after the medical bills there will be nothing left. We ouselves have good insurance and feel that this guy should have been covered better. I guess some is better than none any advice?

My response:

Any advice about what? Did you have a "legal" question?

IAAL

You Are Guilty

racer72 said:
147n/m². Of course this can be affected by humidity and the atmospheric wind conditions.

Newton-meters? Isn't that a force measurement, not velocity? And is that for the African or European swallow? :D

Last edited:
S

SUSANTHDA

I guess my question is who would be responsible for any damages for pain and suffering if the $25,000 max has been used for medical?

Last edited:

racer72

The answer is the at fault party. Your son will have to sue for any costs above and beyond what the insurance company will pay. I would suggest he consults with a personal injury attorney ASAP.

YAG, I asked an engineer at the large commercial airliner assembly company I work for and he stated velocity can be measured in both force and speed. It depends on the application. Things such as jet engines, which are just large air movers, are measured by the amount of force the engine generates. A more correct answer would have been the sparrow creates 147 n/m² at 100 m/h. And a check of a conversion table reveals that if a sparrow could do the above, it could fly off with a large dog in it's claws. 1.47 n/m² would probably be closer to what an actual sparrow is capable of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">