• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who's responsibility is it??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DJF

What is the name of your state?
Rhode Island
I filed for bankrupcy in Oct. 2002, apparently in May of 2002 a lein was put on my home for hospital bills which where included in the bankrupcy and discharged, I am now refinancing my home and just found out that there is a lein on our home which we need to payoff before we can remortgage.
Should we have not been notified in May 2002 at the time of placement and/or shouldn;t our lawyer have found the lein during the bankrupcy process?? The lawyer told us WE are out of luck and there is nothing we can do about it now because it would cost us more money to reopen the file and to just pay the lein even though the debt had been discharged?? Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">