• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wisconsin Retail Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spsguy

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin.

Hello. I've been looking all over the internet for information on law, and I finally found this site.

I was arrested about a week ago for stealing items from the place of my work totaling (according to the police report) $690. (I did not take any money.) I am very very frightened and very dissappointed in myself for doing this, because besides this, I have never done wrong in my life. My record is clean, and I cooperated 100% with both the Loss Prevention Department (for the department store) and the local police department. I returned all of the merchandise that was stolen, and I am going to pay the company back for all of it's losses. I am a good student, currently in college, but I am very afraid that I'm going to have to go to jail. :( The police told me that it was Misdemeanor Retail Theft that I was being charged with. I am 19. I am very confused and lost right now, can someone please give me some advice for what might happen. Thank you.

cmorris

You will have a hard time finding a job...

You won't go to prison. More than likely probation (since restitution is paid, or being paid). You will have a police record, which can make it difficult renting an apartment or getting a job.

What is your major? If it happens to be education or law enforcement, change it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">