• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sansonj

What is the name of your state? Arizona.
I have been using a name for years and now I decided to trademark, and them boom somebody else is using something close to my in process trademark. Now eventhough the trademark is not offical, do I have any legal rights?

How long can somebody squatt on your trademark until it because theirs too.

S

sansonj72

Trademark confussion

What is the name of your state? Arizona.
I have been using a name for years and now I decided to trademark it, and then boom somebody else is using something close to my in process trademark. This is not via knowledge from the USTO, but I saw it in an add. They are clearly infrinding on my name. However, I filed about three months ago, and there is a 12 to 13 month wait. Now eventhough the trademark is not offical, do I have any legal rights? My trademark is all of the print media and the internet.

Also how long can somebody squat on your trademark until it becomes theirs too. Meaning if you miss somebody using your name for one year is the trademark thiers too? Or is there just bigger legal ramifications against them?

Please respond wide one,

James :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">