• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car roll back and damaged my hood

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

darith

What is the name of your state? georgia

It was heavy traffic on the highway, so every car is a stop state. Then when the car proceeded..his car just roll back and hit my hood. I left a good room between my car and his old, flatbed truck. He told me that his engine died or his starter didn't, and he didn't push the clutch.

So when the cop came, he never question me what happened and went directly to the the guy who hit me. Cop asked if his truck is damaged..and he replied "no damage". So the cop said told him he would give me a ticket for following too closely and it was up to the guy who hitted me if he wanted to file a report or not (since his truck has no damage)...is that illegal?
But I told the cop that he roll back and hit me...so the cop said "ok, then..you both get tickets...Now, that you both have tickets, you both have the right to remain silence ..blah blah..

So the cop assumed i rear ended him, but I was never in motion. And the guy who hit me admited he roll back and hit me..so he got a ticket, too.

What should I do? Should I go to court and tell my side since I am driving my dad's car for that day and I am not on his insurance. Or should I just pay the ticket and not risk it with insurance? Also, the guy that hitted me is from Alabama and I don't know if he going to go to court or not..does that make win?

Plus, the guy that hitted me told his insurance company that I rear ended him instead. Which is a lie. I think the cop gave him hints to do that.

Help ! Thank you in advance!

HomeGuru

darith said:
What is the name of your state? georgia

It was heavy traffic on the highway, so every car is a stop state. Then when the car proceeded..his car just roll back and hit my hood. I left a good room between my car and his old, flatbed truck. He told me that his engine died or his starter didn't, and he didn't push the clutch.

So when the cop came, he never question me what happened and went directly to the the guy who hit me. Cop asked if his truck is damaged..and he replied "no damage". So the cop said told him he would give me a ticket for following too closely and it was up to the guy who hitted me if he wanted to file a report or not (since his truck has no damage)...is that illegal?
But I told the cop that he roll back and hit me...so the cop said "ok, then..you both get tickets...Now, that you both have tickets, you both have the right to remain silence ..blah blah..

So the cop assumed i rear ended him, but I was never in motion. And the guy who hit me admited he roll back and hit me..so he got a ticket, too.

What should I do? Should I go to court and tell my side since I am driving my dad's car for that day and I am not on his insurance. Or should I just pay the ticket and not risk it with insurance? Also, the guy that hitted me is from Alabama and I don't know if he going to go to court or not..does that make win?

Plus, the guy that hitted me told his insurance company that I rear ended him instead. Which is a lie. I think the cop gave him hints to do that.

Help ! Thank you in advance!
**A: please have someone help you revise your post using proper spelling and grammar. Thank you.

JETX

darith said:
So the cop said told him he would give me a ticket for following too closely and it was up to the guy who hitted me if he wanted to file a report or not (since his truck has no damage)...is that illegal?
Certainly unusual, but NOT illegal.

What should I do? Should I go to court and tell my side since I am driving my dad's car for that day and I am not on his insurance. Or should I just pay the ticket and not risk it with insurance?
Of course no one can tell you what to do, since it is purely your decision (and NOT a legal question anyway!!).

Also, the guy that hitted me is from Alabama and I don't know if he going to go to court or not..does that make win?
No. Whether he appears or not, or pays or not, on HIS ticket, has nothing to do with yours.

Help !
Help with what?? Obviously, this forum can't help you in trying to convince the other drivers insurance company of YOUR version of the accident.

how old are you :confused: im not very sure you should be driving if you're using the terms "hitted me" and "hitted him" what's up with that :confused: :confused:

HomeGuru

jpritchett81 said:
how old are you :confused: im not very sure you should be driving if you're using the terms "hitted me" and "hitted him" what's up with that :confused: :confused:
**A: sorry to say, driver's licenses are issued on the basis of passing the written test and the road test only. Thus ignorant drivers abound.

JETX

HomeGuru said:
**A: sorry to say, driver's licenses are issued on the basis of passing the written test and the road test only. Thus ignorant drivers abound.
And it does NO good when those written tests are givin in Chinese, Vietnamese, Hindi, Korean, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">