• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nick Exar

What is the name of your state?New York City, New York

Dear Sir,

We live in a Co-op in Queens NYC, NY. We recently received,our yearly appartment inspection notice; but, this year they added that they will be inspecting our closets as well.
My question is this legal? Will our drawers be next??
Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Nick

HomeGuru

Nick Exar said:
What is the name of your state?New York City, New York

Dear Sir,

We live in a Co-op in Queens NYC, NY. We recently received,our yearly appartment inspection notice; but, this year they added that they will be inspecting our closets as well.
My question is this legal? Will our drawers be next??
Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Nick

**A: what is the inspection actually for? And if your drawers are next, be sure you have clean boxers or briefs.

Last edited:
N

Nick Exar

New York City , NY

Dear A
The yearly inspection is to show that we are maintaining the apartment in good condition.

HomeGuru

Nick Exar said:
New York City , NY

Dear A
The yearly inspection is to show that we are maintaining the apartment in good condition.
**A: then they have a right to inspect your closets too. As well as under the sinks, in the toilets etc. Remember that you live in a coop and you do not own the unit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">