• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gas line encroachment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luck1577

What is the name of your state? ohio
My home which is located on a cul-de-sac in a subdivision is situated next to a vacant lot. The developer is now attempting to build a house on that lot which we are opposed to because of the design and location of the home on the lot. He has informed me that my gas line runs through that lot and is encroaching on his lot stopping construction of the home. He is the one who installed our gas line in error on that lot He sold us our home). Can he force me to move that gas line or can I use that as legal leverage to get him to move the location of the proposed home on the lot?

HomeGuru

luck1577 said:
What is the name of your state? ohio
My home which is located on a cul-de-sac in a subdivision is situated next to a vacant lot. The developer is now attempting to build a house on that lot which we are opposed to because of the design and location of the home on the lot. He has informed me that my gas line runs through that lot and is encroaching on his lot stopping construction of the home. He is the one who installed our gas line in error on that lot He sold us our home). Can he force me to move that gas line or can I use that as legal leverage to get him to move the location of the proposed home on the lot?
**A: force him to move the gas line. or give you an easement. All at his expense.

L

luck1577

We are trying to get him to move the footprint of the house on this odd shaped lot. He had an earlier design that was in keeping with the design and character of the neighborhood that required a retaining wall that he says is too expensive. We have been in front of the planning commission and they are trying to get him to compromise on the design issue, but he will only move the house over three feet. Can he force me to move this gas line under any circumstances or can I hold up his construction until a compromise is made.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

luck1577 said:
We are trying to get him to move the footprint of the house on this odd shaped lot. He had an earlier design that was in keeping with the design and character of the neighborhood that required a retaining wall that he says is too expensive. We have been in front of the planning commission and they are trying to get him to compromise on the design issue, but he will only move the house over three feet. Can he force me to move this gas line under any circumstances or can I hold up his construction until a compromise is made.

My response:

You don't need to compromise at all. This is his problem. Tell him to bite rocks, and to pay for the moving of the gas line, or his property will just sit there wasting away.

IAAL

L

luck1577

So I can hold out with allowing him to move this gas line until he decides to do the right thing and comes up with a responsible design for the home he wants to build on this lot?

HomeGuru

luck1577 said:
So I can hold out with allowing him to move this gas line until he decides to do the right thing and comes up with a responsible design for the home he wants to build on this lot?
**A: send him a certifed rrr letter with your response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">