• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Marijuana on School Property.. help me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Codaline

I'm currently in South Carolina. Someone at school gave me a small packet of weed for money, and I was busted with it later on that day. I was suspended from school for 3 days, now I'm back at school but waiting for DJJ (Department of Juvenile Justice) to contact me. I'm going to have to go to court and they say with either a judge or jury of my peers. Does anyone have any idea what happened? It was a very small amount of weed, maybe two joints. I'm only 14 with nothing else on my record. I took a drug test before I had my confrence at my school, which I passed. I also went to drug/decision counciling and showed them the paper that I went there voluntarily too (the officer at my school suggested that, along with the truth test). I just don't know what to do from here. Please help me as soon as possible!

C

Codaline

Wow.. I didn't think that it was this sever. You can't be serious, can you? I really need advice on this :/

CdwJava

I doubt you'll go to juvenile hall or kiddie prison for this, but you will almost certainly be put on probation.

The point that IAAL was likely trying to convey was that this is a serious offense and CAN have dire consequences. Possessing drugs on school grounds is generally treated much more harshly than possession anywhere else.

In your case, I suspect it is also foreshadowing a very grim future if you are already buying marijuana and wandering around with it on campus. Your future WILL be in prison if you do not wake up and straighten out real soon.

Whatever happens, consider this a wake-up call. It's time to change your life ... or be prepared for a very large and lustful cellmate in your future.

Carl

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Codaline said:
Wow.. I didn't think that it was this sever. You can't be serious, can you? I really need advice on this :/

My response:

Yes, I am that "serious". Perhaps you hadn't noticed, but schools have "zero tolerance" and State court, and Federal court, judges are likewise moving in that direction. Can you say "No Excuses"?

Say bye-bye to Mommy, say "Hello" to big Bubba!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">