• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got Hit/Suspended License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xtxdx

What is the name of your state? California

Long story short, I was driving with a suspended license, and got hit by a car while on my way to school. The cops arrived, I was considered not at fault for cause of accident; but I'm due in court in October. What is the worst that's going to happen to me?

Please help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

xtxdx said:
What is the name of your state? California

Long story short, I was driving with a suspended license, and got hit by a car while on my way to school. The cops arrived, I was considered not at fault for cause of accident; but I'm due in court in October. What is the worst that's going to happen to me?

Please help!

My response:

Jail time, hefty, hefty fines, and a 5 year license suspension. Basically, you're screwed, glued and tattooed.

IAAL

JETX

And that is a hell of a lot better than being inspected, neglected, injected and infected!!!

X

xtxdx

rmet4nzkx said:
Funny thing how he posts three different threads where he informs us that his liscense was suspended for a DUI and that he is here on a Green Card :eek:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=194010 https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=194019
Why won't they just give us all the story on one post so they can get their advice?

I did that because all three cases are under different topics.
1. auto accident
2. dui
3. immigration

I Have all the story on one post, it's under DUI. but I didn't receive full advice, that's why I decided to break it up.

:confused: get it?

rmet4nzkx

xtxdx said:
I did that because all three cases are under different topics.
1. auto accident
2. dui
3. immigration

I Have all the story on one post, it's under DUI. but I didn't receive full advice, that's why I decided to break it up.

:confused: get it?
No, you were given advice, just not the advice you wanted to hear, so you thought by breaking it up you might get the answer you wanted and sneak it by someone here but even if you did, which you didn't, in real life it will all catch up to you.

So, first of all you were under the influence and driving so poorly that you were stopped and cited, this was something you did willfully and knowing that it was against the law and that not only was it unsafe to do so, but that a criminal record could affect your stay ans a guest in our country.

In a post 9/11 world there are many more restrictions or enforcements. Recently a mother and her two US born children were deported after living a productive life here, worked and never any trouble with the law, she had fled her country due to domestic violence but was unable to gain refugee status.

Why would they keep you here when you knowingly break the law driving under the influence, then knowingly drive without you license because it was suspended and have the bad luck to be in an accident caused by someone else, if you had not been driving you would not have been hit, right? If you had gone through the correct process to reenstate your license you would not be in a place where you have to write us about how to save your green card? You made your own trouble.

I would rather have that mother and her two children here than 1 scofflaw like you. I won;t even ask if you had insurance. :mad:

rmet4nzkx said:
No, you were given advice, just not the advice you wanted to hear, so you thought by breaking it up you might get the answer you wanted and sneak it by someone here but even if you did, which you didn't, in real life it will all catch up to you.

So, first of all you were under the influence and driving so poorly that you were stopped and cited, this was something you did willfully and knowing that it was against the law and that not only was it unsafe to do so, but that a criminal record could affect your stay ans a guest in our country.

In a post 9/11 world there are many more restrictions or enforcements. Recently a mother and her two US born children were deported after living a productive life here, worked and never any trouble with the law, she had fled her country due to domestic violence but was unable to gain refugee status.

Why would they keep you here when you knowingly break the law driving under the influence, then knowingly drive without you license because it was suspended and have the bad luck to be in an accident caused by someone else, if you had not been driving you would not have been hit, right? If you had gone through the correct process to reenstate your license you would not be in a place where you have to write us about how to save your green card? You made your own trouble.

I would rather have that mother and her two children here than 1 scofflaw like you. I won;t even ask if you had insurance. :mad:
YEAH :mad: !!!!!

X

xtxdx

I came to this site to look for advice. I got more than advice. IAAL, I want to thank you for your comments, you were very hard on me, and it has made me think about my actions, and I know I will pay for the consequences. I fully understand that I am very, very lucky I did not injure/kill other(s) when I drank and drove home that night. Getting pulled over and receiving DUI has opened my eyes to the bigger picture if somebody had gotten killed by my ignorance and disrespectfulness towards the law. I take full responsibilities for my actions, and I hope I am a small example to other people who even think of drinking and driving.

I am truly compelled by my actions to apologize for the way I presented my thread, which may have appeared disrespectful and ignorant. I very much appreciate any kind of comment.. but I'm closing this thread, and I have closed the other thread titled Green Card Holder..

My full case/situation is presented under one thread:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=194010

Remorsefully yours,
xtxdx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">